Here is a list of computer security related services offered by Digital Crunch:
- Managed Hosting
- $100 per month and we monitor your VPS security, install patches, updates, scripts, etc. Includes 1 hour of “Anything”, worpdress setup, resource optimization, log reviews, and security audits. We will also setup host based firewall, log monitoring, ssh tunnels, and other server security features. Godaddy charges $180 per month for 10% of what We do. We’ll manage your VPS and be available to help you through any technohurdles and keep things running smooth.
Other, Self Hosted Solutions
If you know how to setup your own hosting then rackspace still has a great deal $15 a month for a VPS, or if you want to use them for a managed service instead of me, Rackspace charges $150 per month for about 20% of what we do (a better deal than Godaddy, but still not as good as ours). We can use any hosting service you like though, for example:
|Hosting Company||Our Mini Review|
|HawkHost||Friendly, low cost VPS solutions, great reviews from many places|
|Host Gator||You can get coupons for free advertising on Google, and it’s about $8 a month for their shared. I don’t recommend shared, but the coupons make it worth it for certain types of budget hosting.|
|GoDaddy||Monster, good phone service, but limited, and somewhat pricey (because they waste time with you on the phone and upsell you every chance they get). Because of this I have a service fee that I add to any hosting problem that involves Godaddy. They also exploit women in their advertising… but if you like that sort of thing and refuse to drop your contract with them, I’ll still help you.|
|Dreamhost||I sway between praise and slam on dreamhost. I’ve had great experiences with their hosting, and I’ve had miserable experiences that cost me days of income. All hosting companies seem to go through the change of employees, policies, etc so they are worth a shot. I do recommend them, but only if you aren’t using my first choice, rackspace.|
- Google Hosted Email
- For $200 (once), We’ll Setup gmail to run your business domain email through. It’s free, has excellent spam protection, is available on just about every device known to man, and has great search capabilities. You still get firstname.lastname@example.org, but it’s handled by Google! Google hosted mail is free, but if I give you the link, you’ll screw it up – just hire me or someone else and save yourself a few days of headache. The first time you do it, it’s a headache and undoing the problems will cost you additional money.
- WordPress Help
- $75 hourly and we’ll script, install, fix, whatever you need relating to wordpress. We can hack wordpress any way you need to get things done quickly and efficiently. I don’t have a designer on my team currently full time, but am connected to a large network of reputable designers if you want design. We focus on function, automation, and making sure you can get visitors to your site.
- Perl Scripting
- Need a script written in Perl? I love Perl. Our largest program was over 40,000 lines of perl code. Just about anything can be done with perl, limited only by your imagination – so what do you want us to write? Our prices are reasonable as we truly love scripting in Perl. It’s ZEN meditation for me (others feel the same), so you are doing us a favor by giving us tasks in Perl. We bid by the project, not by the hour for Perl, as often I personally spend many more hours than necessary (not billed) to get it “just right”.
- Expert Witness
- For $1000 per day, I, (James Fraze) will testify in your computer security related matters as an expert witness. I am based in Mesa, AZ 85204, but if you pay for travel and lodging, I can fly to your location. Let me know what you need to prove/disprove and I’ll do the complete research for you. I have almost 10 years experience in computer security and can explain topics to jurors in ways that they will completely understand.
- Penetration Testing
- Want to see some of the ways that hackers can break into your website, corporate network, or even your home pc? We’ll provide reports that detail what needs to be fixed, and the risk associated with ignoring those issues. We run a suite of tools against the target that do not interrupt services. We can give you high level details and train your in house IT staff on how to fix the issues, or my team can fix them for you.
- Video training
- For only $50 we will custom produce training on a specific topic related to computer security. This can be used to train your staff (or yourself). We can add audio, popup text, annonations, specific images, etc. Many of my customers use this to train their staff on how to use software. For $50 we share copyright to use the videos, for $250, I’ll make the same video, but you own the sole copyrights. Example of how to setup a VM Workstation lab for Check Point firewall